Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Sept 26
A re-issue of The Black Crowe’s “Jealous Again” 12” vinyl single to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the iconic Shake Your Money Maker album. Features the hit single “Jealous Again” on Side A, backed with “Waitin’ Guilty” and “Thick N’ Thin” on Side B.
SIDE A –
1. Jealous Again (Album Version)
SIDE B –
1. Waitin’ Guilty 2. Thick N’ Thin (Album Version)
40th Anniversary reissue of the first album featuring Nick Cave, before the band’s name morphed into The Birthday Party and prior to the formation of his next band, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Includes the classic “Shivers,” which has recently been covered by the likes of Cat Power and Courtney Barnett, to name a few.
This will be the first time the album will be issued on vinyl in many territories including the U.S.
1. The Nightwatchman 2. Brave Exhibitions 3. Friends Of My World 4. The Voice 5. Roman Roman 6. Somebody's Watching
1. After A Fashion 2. Dive Position 3. I Mistake Myself 4. Shivers
If you watched television, went to the movies, or listened to radio in the ‘80s and ‘90s, you probably heard Suzanne Ciani's work whether you knew it or not. Suzanne is a five-time Grammy award-nominated composer, electronic music pioneer, and neo-classical recording artist whose work has been featured in countless commercials, video games, and feature films. The documentary A Life In Waves explores Suzanne's life and innovations through her own eyes, offering a feminine glimpse into the world of electronic music.
With fifteen albums spanning 40-plus years, countless commercial scores and sound designs, Suzanne's catalog is among the most rich and varied of any artist working today. With selections ranging from Suzanne's early modular experimentations, to her commercial sound design, to her romantic synthesizer works, to her delicate piano compositions, this soundtrack is the only collection of its kind. Like the film, it's a journey into Suzanne's mind, and a career-spanning exploration of this genre-defying artist. Pressed on clear vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1. Liberator Atari TV Spot (Long Version) 2. The First Wave (Birth of Venus) 3. Concert at Phil Niblock’s Loft (Excerpt) 4. “Pop & Pour” Coca-Cola Logo 5. Lincoln Mercury 4-Door Cougar TV Spot 6. Suzanne Ciani 'Clean Room' ITT TV Spot 2012 7. The Eighth Wave 8. Rain (A Life In Waves Version) 9. Paris 1971 10. Princess 11. Butterflies 12. The Third Wave (Love In The Waves)
Pre-GWAR mayhem. This is the band that started it all. Before he became Oderus Urungus, Dave Brockie fronted Richmond VA art-punk weirdos Death Piggy. All three of their EPs are combined here with unreleased and compilation tracks on 180g green vinyl with experimental etchings, remastered from the original tapes and with liner notes written by the band's guitarist Russ Bahorsky. First American vinyl pressing in over 30 years.
BONUS DOWNLOAD CONTENT WITH PURCHASE: 20 minute never-before heard live improv acoustic set from 1984, recorded as the band surprised business owners and pedestrians on the street with an impromptu performance.
1 G-O-D Spells God 2 Splatter Flick 3 Eat The People 4 Fat Man 5 Nympho 6 Bathtub In Space 7 No Prob, Dude 8 Mangoes & Goats 9 Welcome To The Record 10 Boner 11 Showbiz 12 Dinner In The Morning
1 Whippin' Around The Bay 2 Ceramic Butt 3 Poet 4 Ground "B" Sound 5 Joey Died Today 6 Minute 2 Live 7 Scabs (UNRELEASED 8 Ewoks (UNRELEASED) 9 Fear Of Murder (RARE)
20 minute live improv acoustic set from 1984, captured as the band surprised business owners and passerby on the street by showing up unannounced with their instruments. (ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THE DOWNLOAD OF THE ALBUM, INCLUDED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE LP)
1. Hey, It's Okay 2. Jeff Slater 3. You Can Eat Dinner If You Want To 4. Something In A / The Day After The Music Died 5. Jingle Bells / Leprosy 6. Purple Haze
A limited and numbered edition, pressed on vinyl for the first time.
- Side One: 1.Tell All The People (Doors only mix), 2. Touch Me (Doors only mix), 3. Runnin’ Blue (Doors only mix), 4. Wishful Sinful (Doors only mix)
- Side Two: 1. Touch Me (Doors only mix w/new Robby Krieger guitar overdub), 2. Runnin’ Blue (Doors only mix w/new Robby Krieger guitar overdub), 3. Wishful Sinful (Doors only mix w/new Robby Krieger guitar overdub), 4. Who Scared You (Doors only mix)
50th anniversary reissue of Parish Hall's blues-influenced power rock debut on Fantasy Records. All-analog mastering from the original tapes by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio, pressed on 180-gram black vinyl and housed in a single tip-on jacket.
SIDE A –
1. My Eyes Are Getting Heavy 2. Dynaflow 3. Ain't Feeling Too Bad 4. Silver Ghost 5. Skid Road Runner
SIDE B –
1. Lucanna 2. We're Gonna Burn Together 3. Somebody Got The Blues 4. How Can You Win 5. Take Me With You When You Go
British guitarist Allan Holdsworth’s 1983 album has only ever been reissued on vinyl as part of a limited edition 12 LP until now. The bonus track on this RSD 2020 release has never been on vinyl before.
SIDE 1: 1. “Three Sheets To The Wind” 2. “Road Games” 3. Water On The Brain”
SIDE 2: 1. “Tokyo Dream” 2. “Was There?” 3. Material Real Bonus Track 4. “Road Games (Alternative Jack Bruce Vocal Version)”
Shooter Jennings’ live show at Bonnaroo 2006 - right after the release of his Electric Rodeo album. Shooter Jennings & the .357’s perform medleys of the hits, as well as some special versions never-before-released.
1. Gone To Carolina / Solid Country Gold 2. Busted In Baylor County 3. Some Rowdy Women 4. Song Is Still Slipping Away / Lonesome Blues 5. Manifesto No. 1 & 2 6. Bad Magick 7. Steady At The Wheel 8. Southern Comfort 9. 4th of July 10. Little White Lines 11. Daddy’s Farm
With his latest EP, Cover Your Tracks, Lund expands on his Western heritage by wearing his more popular and prominent influences on his sleeve. Covering songs from diverse artists such as Lee Hazlewood, Billy Joel, Marty Robbins and AC/DC, Lund expands on not only his favorite songs but on the range, sound and style in which those songs are delivered. Featuring the likes of Ian Tyson and Hayes Carll, Cover Your Tracks is a focused and deliberate collection of classic and unexpected songs, curated by Corb. Released and pressed on 45 RPM 12” opaque blue vinyl.
1. These Boots Are Made for Walkin' 2. The Cover of the Rolling Stone (feat. Hayes Carll) 3. They're Hanging Me Tonight 4. Outlaw Man 5. Ride On (feat. Ian Tyson) 6. Seven Spanish Angels 7. It's Still Rock And Roll To Me 8. I Shall Be Released
One of the greatest solo debuts in rock history, Paul McCartney's McCartney, will receive a special 50th anniversary release in a limited-edition half-speed mastered vinyl pressing for Record Store Day. Originally released in April 1970, one month before The Beatles’ swansong Let It Be, McCartney saw Paul getting back to basics. Writing every song and playing every instrument (with backing vocals from Linda McCartney), the eponymous album represented a creative rebirth, bursting with new ideas, experiments, playfulness and freedom. Sonically, McCartney's bare-bones home recording aesthetic imbued the album with an authentic lo-fi spirit, a much sought after sound that continues to retain a contemporary edge 50 years on. The 50th anniversary Record Store Day limited edition of McCartney was pressed from a master cut by Miles Showell at half speed using the original 1970 master tapes at Abbey Road Studios. It was made as a vinyl specific transfer in high resolution and without digital peak limiting for the best possible reproduction.
SIDE A –
1. The Lovely Linda, 2. That Would Be Something, 3. Valentines Day, 4. Every Night, 5. Hot As Sun, 6. Junk, 7. Man We Was Lonely
SIDE B –
1. Oo You, 2. Momma Miss America, 3. Teddy Boy, 4. Singalong Junk, 5. Maybe I'm Amazed, 6. Kreen-Akore
FIRST TIME EVER RELEASE FOR THE COMPLETE ALTERNATIVE SOUNDTRACK TO THE GROUP’S SEMINAL 2001 VIDEO COLLECTION BRILLIANT STUDIO RE-INTERPRETATIONS OF CLASSIC MATERIAL, INCLUDING ‘HELLO SKINNY’, ‘CONSTANTINOPLE’, ‘THIS IS A MAN’S MAN’S MAN’S WORLD’, THE ‘ONE MINUTE MOVIES’ AND MORE 2LP SET PRESSED ON ORANGE AND YELLOW VINYL AVAILABLE IN LIMITED QUANTITIES WORLDWIDE
Released to mark the turn of the new millennium in 2001, the “Icky Flix” DVD showcased The Residents’ award winning videos in glorious technicolor. To accompany those icky old films, the group also produced brand new recordings of each of the twenty songs, providing an alternate new soundtrack to some otherwise ancient visual material.
Inspired in places, plain ridiculous in others, “Icky Flix – The Original Soundtrack Recording” now brings together those Residential classics in their unedited entirety, as reworked by the group and singer Molly Harvey in the year 2000.
Familiar to fans, enticing to the curious and just too damn weird to everybody else, this is The Residents up to their old tricks again, reworking some of their favourite old tunes in their own style. Whether or not some members of the group ever realised they’d recorded the originals of those tunes in the first place is anybody’s guess.
Available exclusively for Record Store Day 2020, on coloured vinyl and in limited quantities worldwide.
1. ICKY IN?, 2. THE THIRD REICH & ROLL, 3. CONSTANTINOPLE, 4. HELLO SKINNY, 5. KICK A PICNIC, 6. MOISTURE, 7. ACT OF BEING POLITE, 8. PERFECT LOVE, 9. SIMPLE SONG, 10. SONGS FOR SWINGING LARVAE
1. WHERE IS SHE?, 2. VILENESS FATS (CONCENTRATE)
1. THIS IS A MAN'S MAN'S MAN'S WORLD, 2. STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER, 3. HARRY THE HEAD, 4. JELLY JACK THE BONELESS BOY, 5. THE GINGERBREAD MAN (CONCENTRATE)
1. HE ALSO SERVES, 2. BAD DAY ON THE MIDWAY (CONCENTRATE), 3. JUST FOR YOU (DISFIGURED NIGHT PART 7), 4. BURN BABY BURN, 5. ICKY OUT!
British singer-songwriter and front woman of trip-hop group Morcheeba, Skye Edwards celebrates the 10 year anniversary of her second album Keeping Secrets with the exclusive, special limited edition, white gatefold 180g vinyl for this year’s Record Store Day. Keeping Secrets, produced by Alexis Smith and Emmy-nominated Grace Jones collaborator Ivor Guest, showcases Skye’s instantly recognizable, smooth vocals. This limited edition white vinyl gatefold for RSD 2020 is the record’s first vinyl release.
“I Believe”/ “Boo Hoo” / “Not Broken” / “The Shape I’m In” / “Monsters Demons” / “Clock To Stop” / “Almost Killed Me” / “Wrong Alright” / “Maybe To Spain” / “Exhale”
In 2013, Chris Smither returned to his hometown of New Orleans to record a retrospective of his five-decade career with an all-star band including the legendary Allen Toussaint. The sessions were especially productive, resulting in the double CD release Still On The Levee in 2014. There were more than a dozen songs that couldn't fit on the original release, and they are collected here on More From The Levee. This is Chris Smither's first vinyl release since the ‘70s.
Side A: 1. Lonely Time 2. Confirmation 3. Drive You Home Again 4. I Am The Ride 5. What I Do
Side B: 1. Let It Go 2. Hey Hey Hey 3. Caveman 4. Old Man Down 5. Father's Day
The members of the band mostly just call it jazz, or "hot music," or, when they're feeling naughty, "race music" -- a term that dates back to the1920s and '30s, when major record labels released jump blues and hot jazz singles under special subsidiary imprints with names like Okeh and Sepiatone. It's music that doesn't really have a name anymore, yet everyone recognizes it and loves it. This wasn't the album that made the Squirrel Nut Zippers a household name (that honor goes to Hot, the follow-up), but it sure could have if given the chance. An instrumental with the pitch-perfect title of "Lugubrious Whing Whang," cover versions of "You're Drivin' Me Crazy" and "I've Found a New Baby," originals like "Lover's Lane," and the absolutely hair-raising "La Grippe" -- these are not just labors of love by dewy-eyed nostalgists. The SNZs have taken this music and appropriated it entirely, without a trace of irony or condescension. The result is magnificent.
First ever vinyl release for the album.
1. Lovers Lane 2. Danny Diamond 3. I've Found A New Baby 4. Anything But Love 5. Good Enough For Granddad 6. Wished For You 7. La Grippe 8. Lugubrious Whing Whang 9. Club Limbo 10. Wash Jones 11. You're Drivin' Me Crazy 12. Plenty More
Vinyl: $9.99 Buy
Breakthrough Masked Country Artist Orville Peck joins Paul Cauthen for two jukebox classics. As The Unrighteous Brothers, the duo of hardcore troubadours make an updated classic that showcases both artists' booming baritone. Produced by Butch Walker and Beau Bedford, the songs were cut in Nashville at the legendary RCA Studio A. Available for the first time on any physical format.
Unchained Melody / You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin
Vinyl: $32.99 Buy
Finally Back On Vinyl - Limited Edition – One Red and One Blue Vinyl 2-LP Set
Contains tracks from The Smashing Pumpkins, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Jewel, R.E.M, Moloko, The Goo Goo Dolls, Eric Benet, Elliot Goldenthal, and Underworld.
Features The GRAMMY© Award Winner for Best Hard Rock Performance “The End Is the Beginning Is The End” by The Smashing Pumpkins”
SIDE ONE 1. The Smashing Pumpkins “The End Is The Beginning Is The End” 2. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony “Look Into My Eyes” 3. R. Kelly “Gotham City” 4. Arkama “House on Fire”
SIDE TWO 1. R.E.M. “Revolution” 2. Jewel “Foolish Games” 3. Goo Goo Dolls “Lazy Eye” 4. Lauren Christy “Breed” 5. Soul Coughing “The Bug”
SIDE THREE 1. Moloko “Fun For Me” 2. Me’Shell Ndegeocello “Poison Ivy” 3. Eric Benet “True To Myself” 4. Elliot Goldnthal “A Batman Overture”
SIDE FOUR 1. Underworld “Moaner” 2. The Smashing Pumpkins ‘The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning”
This Are Two Tone was the first Two Tone Records compilation, and features singles by The Specials, Madness, The Selecter, The Beat, The Bodysnatchers, Rhoda Daker and The Swinging Cats. This half-speed master LP is part of the Two Tone Records 40th Anniversary celebrations and is the first vinyl repress of the compilation since its original release in 1983.
1. THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “Gangsters” 2. MADNESS “Madness” 3. THE SELECTER “On My Radio” 4. THE BEAT “Tears of a Clown” 5. THE SPECIALS “A Message to You Rudy” 6. THE SELECTER “Too Much Pressure” 7. THE BODYSNATCHERS “Too Experienced” 8. THE BEAT “Ranking Full Stop” 9. THE SPECIALS “Too Much Too Young”
1. THE SELECTER “The Selecter” 2. THE SPECIALS “Stereotype” 3. THE SWINGING CATS “Mantovani” 4. THE SPECIALS “Do Nothing” 5. RICO & THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “Jungle Music” 6. RHODA & THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “The Boiler” 7. THE SPECIALS “Ghost Town”
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
Nightjar is the eighth studio album from Marty Willson-Piper (The Church, All About Eve, Noctorum), originally released in 2008. Considered by many fans to be the best record of MWP's career, this will be the first time it has ever been released on vinyl. Pressed on limited edition red vinyl with new artwork design on inside gatefold. Download card included.
A new project from MWP, Moat, will have a new album called Poison Stream in June 2020.
1. No One There 2. More is Less 3. Lullaby for the Lonely 4. The Sniper 5. Feed Your Mind 6. High Down Below 7. I Must’ve Fallen 8. The Love You Never Had 9. Song for Victor Jara 10. A Game for Losers
Founder Marie Daulne's mixed cultural roots--Walloon and Bantu (Belgian and Pygmee)--were the stimulus for her musical creation. After studying with the Bantu and in Europe, she organized Zap Mama as an instrument to meld a synthesis of these previously separate traditions. She instantly stood the vocal world on its head by mixing multiple musical styles, performing them with a group of women who created such rhythmic wonder that everyone sat up and took notice. This, their first release, has many tunes with Pygmee yodel and chant, a 16th century Spanish song, a Cuban song, and elements of Syrian songs. It was the first World Music 'hit' selling over 200,000 copies in the US alone. Available for the first time on vinyl. And on magenta splatter color vinyl too!
1. Mupepe 2. Bottom 3. Brrlak! 4. Abadou 5. Take Me Coco 6. Plekete 7. Mizike 8. Babanzele 9. Din Din 10. I Ne Suhe 11. Guzophela 12. Nabombeli Yo 13. Marie-Josee 14. Ndje Mukanie 15. Son Cubano