Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Oct 24
A re-press of the band’s first album (2009) with alternate art and vinyl color.
1. Alerion, 2. The Final Episode (Let's Change the Channel), 3. A Candlelit Dinner With Inamorta, 4. Nobody Don't Dance No More, 5. Hey There Mr.Brooks, 6. Hiatus, 7. If You Can't Ride Two Horses At Once...You Should Get Out Of The Circus, 8. A Single Moment Of Sincerity, 9. Not The American Average, 10. I Used To Have A Best Friend (But Then He Gave Me An STD), 11. A Prophecy, 12. I Was Once, Possibly. Maybe, Perhaps A Cowboy King, 13. When Everyday's The Weekend
50th anniversary reissue of Booker T. & The M.G.'s tribute to The Beatles' Abbey Road album. ALL-ANALOG mastering from the original tapes by Jeff
SIDE A –
1. Medley: Golden Slumbers 2. Carry That Weight 3. The End 4. Here Comes the Sun
5. Come Together 6. Something
SIDE B –
1. Medley: Because 2. You Never Give Me Your Money 3. Sun King 4. Mean Mr. Mustard 5. Polythene Pam 6. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window 7. I Want You 8. She's So Heavy
The soundtrack to Charlie Kaufman's 2009 cult movie Synecdoche New York starring the late Philip Seymour Hoffman is released for the first time on white vinyl.
SIDE A: 1. Tacky Entrance Music 2. DMI Thing From When She Was The Kitchen 3. All Plays Out (Fire Sale Version) 4. DMI Thing In Which New Information Is Introduced 5. Forward Motion 6. Something You Can't Return To 7. Sex Based Decision Making 8. Piano One 9. Someone Else's Forward Motion (Posing As Your Own) 10. DMI We Meet Again? 11. Still Can't Return (Still Trying) 12. Piano Two
SIDE B: 13. Ok 14. Can't Return (For The Last Time) 15. Piano Three 16. Transposition 17. Little Person 18. Song For Caden 19. Schenectady
In 1988, Frank Zappa released the first installment of You Can’t Do That On Stage Anymore, a 6 volume series (12 discs total) consisting of hand picked live performances from his legendary Vault. The series was intended for CD, a relatively new medium at the time. Since vinyl & cassette were still considered the main formats, FZ created this sampler to promote the project & provide motivation to embrace the CD series. The material for the sampler was culled from tracks ranging from 1969 to 1984. The original ‘88 vinyl was mastered by Bernie Grundman. This 2020 collector’s edition is again mastered by Bernie from the original 1630 Digital Master & pressed on 180gram individual red & yellow transparent vinyl by Pallas in Germany.
LP1 / SIDE A – 1. Plastic People, 2. The Torture Never Stops
LP1 / SIDE B – 1. Montana (Whipping-floss), 2. The Evil Prince, 3. You Call That Music?
LP2 / SIDE A – 1. Sharleena, 2. Nanook Rubs It
LP2 / SIDE B – 1. The Florida Airport Tape, 2. Once Upon A Time, 3. King Kong, 4. Dickie's Such An Asshole, 5. Cosmic Debris
The first vinyl release for their massive 2003 single.
1. Needy Girl (Zdar Dub) 2. Needy Girl (Paper Faces Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Album Version)
1. Needy Girl (Lifelike Remix) 2. Needy Girl (Bloc Party Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Instrumental)
First-ever vinyl reissue of the 1990 album from the beloved Australian band. Gold vinyl.
Pharaoh; Metropolis; Terra Nova Cain; City; Russian Autumn Heart; Essence; You're Still Beautiful; Disappointment; Transient; Fading Away; Grind
Complimenting the release of the album This is How We Roll, this 4-track EP features alternate, extended variations of "Music Box" and "White Punks On Dope" as well as the previously unreleased version of Roxy Music’s "Virginia Plain".
SIDE A 1. White Punks on Dope 2. Music Box 3. Music Box Reprise / Griff’s Lament
SIDE B 1. Virginia Plain
Alejandro Escovedo's critically acclaimed album The Crossing with the vocals recorded in Spanish, pressed on red, white and green striped double vinyl.
1. Andare 2. Footsteps In the Shadows 3. Texas Is My Mother 4. Teenage Luggage 5. Something Blue 6. Outlaw For You 7. Amor 8. Puro 9. Waiting For Me 10. How Many Times 11. Cherry Blossom Rain 12. Sonica USA 13. Rio Navidad 14. Silver City 15. Fury and Fire 16. Flying 17. MC Overload 18. The Crossing
The original Frumpie One Piece release was only on CD. It was a collection of tracks previously released over five 7" singles, from a Bikini Kill-related band who were conceived as a singles project. This vinyl release includes the songs from the CD as well as the one 7 inch that was released after the collection (Frumpies Forever 7"). The personnel of this band was 3/4 of Bikini Kill (Tobi Vail, Kathi Wilcox, Billy Karren), plus 1/3 of Bratmobile (Molly Neuman), and they were sometimes joined by Michelle Mae, who went on to be in The Make-Up and Weird War. The Frumpies were formed in Washington DC during the same 1991 summer that birthed the first Riot Grrrl zines and meetings, which the Frumpies dubbed Revolution Summer.
1 Malice And Discontent 2 I Just Wanna Puke On The Stereo 3 Do You Wanna Donuts 4 Baby Plays For Pritty 5 Alien Summer 6 Fuck Kitty 7 Giveaway Pile 8 Weird Machine 9 Intertube Tomorrow 10 Be Good 11 Whatshisname Hearts The Frumpies 12 She's A Real Cutie Pie 13 Safety First 14 Weary Ingenues And Snotty Brats 15 Duvet Ta 16 Fake Antagonism Rules, Okay 17 Tommy Slich 18 Deliberate Indifference 19 Planet What 20 Fuck Yr. Frumpies 21 Eunuch Nights 22 Of Ever And Now On 23 You'll See 24 Wrong Way Round
Side A: Frumpies Forever / Don't Wanna Go Home
Side B: Turn off the Faucet/ Tell Me
1970’s J&K: Stonebone, by trombonists J.J. Johnson and Kai Winding, is the rarest of all A&M/CTI projects. The album has not been made available since its initial release in Japan. Not accessible on streaming platforms and long sought after by collectors, an original edition of this LP can sell for upwards of one thousand dollars. In addition to the two leaders, it features an all-star group, including George Benson, Herbie Hancock, Bob James, George Benson, Ron Carter and Grady Tate. Pressed on red vinyl.
SIDE A 1. Dontcha Hear Me Callin' To Ya? 2. Musings
SIDE B 1. Mojo 2. Recollections
MP3 Album: $1.79 Download
Athens, Georgia instrumental college rock staples Love Tractor return with their original line up to rework early tracks for this RSD 7" with help from Doug Stanley & Joe Rowe of the Glands, Bill Berry of R.E.M., and with David Barbe and Jeff Calder holding down the studio. Two reworked originals to lead into their full catalog reissue series that kicks off in mid-2020.
“60 Degrees and Sunny” / “FEST-ivals”
When headbanger historians look back on the important heavy metal and hard rock bands that were active during the '70s, Mahogany Rush's name doesn't come up nearly as often as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Kiss, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Blue Öyster Cult or Aerosmith -- and that is regrettable because Frank Marino led one of the '70s' most exciting hard rock/metal outfits. Mahogany Rush is, without question, underrated. Marino's refusal to change with the times is just as well -- he is great at what he does, and the singer/guitarist is as inspired on original material as he is on performances of the Zombies' "She's Not There" and two Hendrix classics: "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" and "Red House."
Recorded live at Club Soda in Montreal, Canada on September 8, 2001.
First time on vinyl. Embossed deluxe gatefold with live photos and enhanced liner notes.
1. Voodoo Chile, 2. Something’s Comin’ Our Way (Excerpt), 3. He’s Calling (Part 1)
1. He’s Calling (Part 2), 2. Red House
1. Guitar Prelude to a Hero, 2. Stories of a Hero, 3. Poppy (Part 1)
1. Poppy (Part 2), 2. She’s Not There, 3. Crossroads, 4. She’s Not There (Return), 5. Poppy (Return) 1
ON SALE $24.99 Vinyl: $19.99 Buy
First time on vinyl in decades.
“One of the best, most movingly evocative scores in Randy Newman’s long movie career… “ -All Music
“Warm-hearted and moving, this is one of the most treasured items in my film music collection.” -Movie Wave
“…one of the finest in Newman’s canon.” -Movie Music UK
Limited Edition Pressed on custom blue vinyl
Vinyl: $29.99 Buy
A truly special two-sided picture disc featuring imagery unavailable elsewhere - one side features the cover art and the other, the floor of the Dark Crystal's chamber: a circle of 18 arcane symbols, one for each of the urSkeks that came to Thra during the first Great Conjunction.
Composer Daniel Pemberton reveals: “I wanted the music to be as magical as Thra itself – organic, imperfect, strange, mystical, otherworldly and wonderful. I wanted to create new sounds that felt like they came from the world itself, as well as using thematic large scale orchestral elements to bring an emotion to the journey of the characters.
There are two Dark Crystal picture discs being released for Record Store Day, with completely different track listings.
The 10 episode prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite The Dark Crystal stars Taron Egerton, Star Wars’ Mark Hamill, Harry Potter’s Helena Bonham-Carter, Tomb Raider star Alicia Vikander and Outlander’s Caitriona Balfe.
SIDE A –
1. The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance – Daniel Pemberton 2. Another World, Another Time – Daniel Pemberton 3. Story Of The Dark Crystal – Daniel Pemberton 4. Rian + Mira Dreamfast – Daniel Pemberton 5. Aughra Awakes – Daniel Pemberton 6. The Crystal Chamber – Daniel Pemberton 7. Essence Draining – Daniel Pemberton
SIDE B –
1. What Lies At The Dream’s End – Daniel Pemberton 2. Together We Fight – Daniel Pemberton 3. The Blue Flames Part 1 – Daniel Pemberton 4. Deet In The Woods – Samuel Sim 5. Speak For The Dead – Daniel Pemberton 6. Brea And The Library – Samuel Sim 7. Her Light Faded – Daniel Pemberton
30th Anniversary edition of Lou Reed’s album recorded with his fellow Velvet Underground co-founder John. A concept album and tribute to their friend and mentor Andy Warhol who had died a couple of years earlier…
“…here they [Reed & Cale] paint a portrait of Warhol that has far more depth and poignancy than his public image would have led one to expect. It's a moving and deeply felt tribute to a misunderstood man, and it's a pleasure to hear these two comrades-in-arms working together again, even if their renewed collaboration was destined to be short-lived.” All Music Review
This double vinyl edition, exclusive to Record Store Day is pressed on audiophile, heavyweight vinyl and includes an etching on Side 4. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
The first official Rolling Stones’ rarities collection, Metamorphosis, was originally released in June 1975 to try to outwit the bootleggers. The release combines legendary outtakes and rarities as well as the wealth of demos that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards composed for other artists, which were subsequently re-recorded by the Stones themselves. The collection includes an orchestrated version of “Out Of Time,” recently featured in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The Record Store Day 2020 limited edition of the UK version of Metamorphosis will be released on hunter green vinyl and includes a full color exclusive iron-on t-shirt transfer of the album artwork, which alludes to Franz Kafka’s novella “The Metamorphosis,” the story of a man who wakes up one morning to find himself inexplicably transformed into a huge insect.
SIDE A –
1. Out Of Time 2. Don't Lie to Me 3. Some Things Just Stick in Your Mind 4. Each and Every Day of the Year 5. Heart of Stone 6. I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys 7. (Walkin' Thru The) Sleepy City 8. We're Wastin' Time 9. Try a Little Harder
SIDE B –
1. I Don't Know Why 2. If You Let Me 3. Jiving Sister Fanny 4. Downtown Suzie 5. Family 6. Memo from Turner 7. I'm Going Down
ON SALE $24.99 Vinyl: $19.99 Buy
This Record Store Day 2020 exclusive features tracks from acclaimed composer Ryuichi Sakamoto (The Revenant, The Last Emperor) heard in "Smithereens" - the second episode of the fifth series of the anthology series Black Mirror. The cover art showcases an original design from Sakamoto’s long-time collaborator, Alva Noto.
“meditation app”, “plot”, “this is my last day”, “hayley”, “prey”, “chain smoking addict”, “chase”, “reverse surface”, “closing in”, “countdown”, “retreat”, :flashback”, :gun is real”, “shot”, “degrade”, “car crash”, :this is my last day 2”, “release”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
Toto’s well-honed musical craftsmanship helped sell more than 40 million albums in their four decades together. In 1980, the band embarked on their first tour of Japan, forming a lifelong bond with fans in that country who adored their polished West Coast rock style. For the first time as a standalone release, the Live In Tokyo 1980 EP captures the original line-up of the band – vocalist Bobby Kimball, guitarist Steve Lukather, keyboardists David Paich and Steve Porcaro, bassist David Hungate and drummer Jeff Porcaro – performing four tracks from their then-new sophomore album Hydra (plus the unreleased track “Runaway”) during that historic trek. On red vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1 “St. George And The Dragon” 2 “Mama” 3 “Tale Of A Man” 4 “White Sister” 5 “Runaway”
First time on vinyl! "
...this soundtrack is the most calculated Austin Powers record yet.” -All Music
Pressed on Gold vinyl, natch.
SIDE ONE 1. Beyonce Knowles “Work It Out” 2. The Rolling Stones “Miss You (Dr. Dre Remix 2002)” 3. Britney Spears Feat. Pharrell Williams of N.E.R.D. “Boys (Co-Ed Remix)” 4. Angie Stone “Groove Me” 5. Earth, Wind & Fire “Shining Star” 6. Foxy Cleopatra Feat. Devin and Solange “Hey Goldmember”
SIDE TWO 1. Smash Mouth “Ain’t No Mystery” 2. Soul Hooligan Feat. Diana King “Evil Woman” 3. Paul Oakenfold “1975” 4. Dr. Evil “Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem –Dr Evil Remix) 5. Ming Tea Feat. Austin Powers “Daddy Wasn’t There” 6. Susanna Hoffs “Alfie (What’s It All About, Austin?)”
The Original 1987 Soundtrack. Newly Remastered For Vinyl Composed and Performed by Eric Clapton, Michael Kamen and David Sanborn Features Clapton on guitar on 9 tracks.
First time on vinyl! - Contains repertoire recorded specifically for this chart-topping Platinum Soundtrack. Contains songs by Eric Clapton, Aaron Neville and Robbie Robertson, Peter Gabriel, Taj Mahal, Marvin Gaye, Jewel, The Iguanas, Bryan Ferry, J.J. Cale, Dorothy Moore and Thomas Newman
“…a cross-section of singer/songwriters, mellow blues, and synthesized soul-inflected pop.” -AllMusic
Limited Edition - Pressed on translucent cobalt vinyl
1. Eric Clapton “Change The World” 2. Bryan Ferry “Dance With Life (The Brilliant Light)” 3. Aaron Neville “Crazy Love”
1. Taj Mahal “Corinna” 2. Jewel “Have A Little Faith In Me” 3. Peter Gabriel “I Have The Touch” 4. Marvin Gaye “Piece Of Clay”
1. The Iguanas “Para Donde Vas” 2. Dorothy Moore “Misty Blue” 3. J. J. Cale “A Thing Going On” 4. Thomas Newman “The Orchard”
This RSD 2020-exclusive EP features music created for the 2020 horror/mystery film The Turning, directed bu Floria Sigsmondi. Only one song here (from The Aubreys, a band featuring Finn Wolfhard, who also stars in the film) is on the official soundtrack, and this EP features inspired tracks from Courtney Love, Empress Of, and a never-before-released song collaboration from David Bowie and Kristeen Young.
Kristeen Young (feat. David Bowie) "American Landfill", Courtney Love "Mother (Acoustic)”, SASAMI and Lawrence Rothman "Take It To The Grave", Dani Miller (of Surfbort) "Fentanyl Smoothie", Empress Of "Call Me (Acoustic)” , The Aubreys "Getting Better (Otherwise)”, Warpaint "Melting"
Detroit in the late 1990s was a scary and lawless place. Red lights were taken as a suggestion and gangs ran rampant in the city.
Enter The Wildbunch.
The band that later became the Electric Six got together in 1996 with a shared passion for high energy rock and roll music. Playing for years around local venues The Gold Dollar and The Old Miami, the group started to hit it big when they were forced to change their name to Electric Six after a rap group, The Wildbunch, threatened legal action. Their hit singles "Gay Bar" and "Danger! High Voltage" were two of the biggest hits of the garage rock boom, but the versions included on E6's 'Fire' album are the most well known.
During The Wildbunch's existence, they recorded one studio album, Rock Empire. Pressed on vinyl for the first time, and its first release since its local CD-R only release, this deluxe reissue features remastered audio and new inserts that chronicle the entirety of the group's existence, sure to excite garage rock fans along with fans of the Electric Six, who are still performing to sold out crowds today.
Don't Be Afraid of The Robot /Remote Control (Me) / Gay Bar / T.V. / Getting Into The Jam / Take Me To Your Leader / Animal Attraction / Dancing Like An Idiot / Synthesizer
I Am The Knife Naked Pictures (Of Your Mother) / RU Afraid Of The Devil? / I'm On Acid / Computer / Christian Radio Manchester / I Am Detroit / Honololu / I'm A Demon